Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another year older


One of my favorite vehicles of all time

Well as of today, I am another year older. Jury is still out on whether I'm another year wiser or not. Sometimes I think I am but then life forces me to realize that I still have further to go. It seems as I get older, I'm beginning to take more chances. This very website is a great example of that. A year ago, this website wasn't even a thought. I started this the end of last year, mostly because I had a lot of time on my hands and not a lot of things to fill it. I have to say that working on this blog has been so rewarding in so many ways and it is the gift that keeps on giving. I still have people yet to interview as well as another interviewee waiting on deck. Doing this has definitely increased my confidence in unexpected ways. 

I find myself putting my artwork and writing out there in a way that I never expected. I've always written; I've been writing since I was 11. That was a very long time ago. I'd mostly written fiction, always too shy to put it out there. I'm also a bit lazy and smart enough to know that had I wanted to be a paid author badly enough, I'd have taken the appropriate steps to make that happen. I still might, you never know. But the little voice in my head could not be ignored and All The Goods is the result of that. I felt that this site was a good first step.   All The Goods has opened doors for me that I never knew existed; this blog has literally changed my life for the better. 

Along with that, there have been many supporters along the way, who will be thanked accordingly. Had I known how much support would come my way, I'd have gotten started a whole lot sooner on this blogging path. But then again, maybe in the past the time wasn't right. But the time has never been more right than it is now. 

What's that expression? Carpe Diem? I believe that means 'seize the day'. As I reach midlife, I've gotten into the habit of saying to myself, 'if not now, when?'. I want to make my mark on this world and this blog is a good way to accomplish that. I have a good start at least. 

I actually began writing today's post a bit earlier in the day but had to stop and save it due to lunch plans. In the time between then and now, miraculous events have taken place. Things have shifted in my world to a very positive end. I feel that the upcoming opportunities were divinely guided. The universe heard my deepest desires and set about making them happen. Now I just have to show up and deliver. 

So, things are going very well on this birthday which will be over in another couple of hours. I think next year is going to rock, I can just feel it. 

Before I conclude this posting, there are people to thank. I've become more grateful as time has gone by and I try to make it a point to say thank you as much as I can. I want to thank all of the people out 'there' who have found their way to this page and have had a look at what I've been up to. I see the pageviews and it's pretty awesome. So thanks to all of you.

In no specific order, my never ending thank yous to the following people/websites-

Pandora.com-I listen to this station all the time whenever I'm writing here or working on my art. 
Blogger.com-for helping me along to make this site what it is and yet to be
Pinellas Park Art Society-for the help, advice, encouragement and last but not certainly least, the friendships that have sprung up from my association with those fine folks
Cyndi Bird Reznik-for her friendship and support of what I've got going on here at All The Goods
Elaine Salter-who readily supports my vision for this site as well as all my art ventures
Mary Barbara-for her guidance and encouragement
Barbara Lewis, Joy Hawkins and Terri Mills-for your friendship, ideas and support
David & Susan Tolar-for their friendship, support and making things happen
John Wetton-for the inspiration and all of the great music through the years





No comments:

Post a Comment