Sunday, May 12, 2013

New artwork




I've been pretty hard at work making new greeting cards for the upcoming event (Awakening Into the Sun) and wanted to share them with all of you.


A good part of the time I just find a quote that speaks to me and then build a card around it. 


I adore quotes about the moon, clouds and the sky in general. They give me a chance to break out the moon stencils and go to town! 


One day I just felt moved and came up with this quote. It's pretty true for me. I love being on the beach, hearing the waves and feeling the breeze whisk across my skin. Being near the water, makes me forget all my worries, be more present and in tune with where I am. 


I really love this quote. I've been finding a lot of quotes by Rumi all over the place and really love his message. This quote is the reverse take on 'You're just a drop in the ocean'. 


When I came across this quote in my online travels, I immediately thought about which stencils I could use to build a card around it. Luckily, it worked out. 

Being a cat lover/owner, I really love any quotes I can find about the alluring animal known as the feline. 


And I certainly can't leave the dog quotes out either. I have dog owner friends and family ; they all adore their hairy, four-legged buddies. 


So those cards are just a few that I've been working on recently. 






No comments:

Post a Comment