Monday, February 17, 2014

In pursuit of something "completely different".....

(Photo by Kim Salter)

I have been pretty busy and that's putting it mildly. Since the last time I checked in with all of you, I have acquired a new job and have gone full steam ahead in my part-time endeavors. I have a data entry job that I love and despite the fact that my schedule has changed, I still go full bore on my creative pursuits. Currently. I'm nurturing the photography side of things by going on as many photo shoots as my schedule allows and when I'm not engaged in that, I'm working on new greeting card designs. Also, I recently published my first novel which you can find here-

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00IHYDNLE

I have decided to go with Amazon, as they are a great company and they have a farther worldwide reach. Not only that, they are very easy to download for many people. FYI, a Kindle is not required to read this book. It works just as well as on your PC, Mac, tablet or phone. 

Just in case you didn't get to check out my last blog, my new book is about a young British woman who loses her whole family on board the Titanic. Rather than letting the tragedy mark her for life, she instead embarks on a journey of self-discovery and blossoms into the person she was meant to really become. 

I have always had an avid interest in the Titanic and also in stories where the protagonist changes in some way, usually for the better. You could say that I am drawn to such stories and people because I can relate. I am not the person I was in my 20's, 30's or even as much as ten years ago. I am on an ever-enduring quest to figure out what I want to do in life. I think that as I hit a 'certain age', it became imperative for me to get off my butt and try some new things. And I have and it's paid off handsomely in terms of self confidence and my own blossoming into a person that I can not only admire but live with as well. 

As a result of my partnering with Amazon, this blog is also going to be part of my Author Page feed as well. Hopefully, this means that more people will visit this blog as well as All The Rods and All The Creatives. 

You can visit my Author Page here-

http://www.amazon.com/Kim-Salter/e/B00IHYDNLE

I am going to try my level best to keep all these blogs going. I apologize for not doing so recently. And as always, thanks to all who come, visit and read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment