Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Birthday All The Goods!

 
 
 
 
All The Goods officially turned a year old today November 22. A year ago, my life could not have been any different than it is right now, in both positive and negative ways. While at a concert the other  night by a very well-known band, it occurred to me just where the moniker 'All The Goods All The Time' really came from.
 
The real inspiration for the name partially came from a dream I had and also from a line in a very popular song. The song is 'Life In The Fast Lane' by the Eagles and the actual verse is 'Everything all the time'. I thought that would make a great name for a blog due to the fact that what I write about can't be easily pigeon-holed. I cover a wide variety of things within the confines of All The Goods. As much as I loved 'Everything All The Time' and thought how cool it sounded, it just didn't roll off the tongue as easily. So I amended the name to All The Goods with the intention of covering a variety of topics but they had to be either inspirational or positive or a little of both.
 
My plan at the time was that I wanted to stay far away from complaining about politicians or the state of the world. We all know that there is just way too much of that. I think I've been able to maintain a positive mindset with the topics I cover and the people I've interviewed.
 
When All The Goods was born, I had chosen my spot on Blogger but didn't actually begin to write until November 30, so perhaps All The Goods could have a double birthday. November 30 is actually when I decided to set things in motion.
 
Despite what might be happening in my personal life, All The Goods (and the sister sites) will move forward as planned. There are some folks I want to interview in the near future as well as more topics to cover.
 
And just a word about All The Rods...I had the name for that chosen well before All The Goods was even a figment of my fertile imagination. Initially, the idea behind All The Rods was a dream of mine to have a car podcast with that very name. All The Rods is now flying down the highway so fast like a well-oiled machine that I had to give it its own blog separate from All The Goods.
 
All The Creatives is the other sister blog that just needs to be worked on. I have plans for that, details coming soon.
 
Needless to say, I am proud of my three blogs and how well All The Goods has taken on a life of its own.
 
Thanks to all who have visited this page and checked it out.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment