Sunday, February 24, 2013

New card creations in the works

Recently, All The Goods was invited to take part in an upcoming festival locally. I'd like to say that I'm pretty excited. This festival is known as the Green Frog Festival. I'd heard of this but had never done it before. I'm going to be sharing a booth with two other talented artists.

Over the holidays. I ordered some more stencils to use to make some new greeting cards. All The Goods is not only just about interviewing fascinating people. I actually want to promote my artwork through the site as well.

The upcoming Green Frog Festival has created the perfect opportunity to utilize one of the stencils I bought over the holidays from Ebay. I had purchased dog & cat stencils, along with fish and shell stencils. I had also bought snowflake stencils to make Christmas cards. But the stencils that are really proving to pay for themselves over and over again are my cute little frog, turtle and lizard stencils.

The person that I'm going to share space with at the upcoming festival also participated in last year's. She advised that I create a lot of cards using the frog theme. I was only too happy to acquiesce. So I will now share what I spent the majority of the afternoon yesterday working on. I might be filling these in with color but for now, you can get a rough idea of what they look like.

Here is an example of one of the cards I made. 

Here's an example of the second set of cards. 



The design in each of them is a Zentangle pattern known as 'Printemp' and is pronounced 'Prin-tomp'. Yesterday I participated in a Zentangle workshop at my art society. Obviously I got a lot out of it as evidenced by working on these cards and others. I'm always looking for new ways to create cards and I think I really found a winner using this pattern, especially while using my stencil sets. (I rely on stencils because my freehand drawing skills are not what they used to be.) 

I am also going to share some of the other cards and stencils I created. Needless to say, at the end of the day, my arm was killing me! People think it's just so easy to sit on your butt and create art but the truth is, it can lead to stiff wrists and fingers as well as an aching back. I tend to get really into what I'm doing, hence the non-stop sitting marathon during an afternoon. 


Above are the Zen lizards I created. The stencil provided the basic shape and then I went in and used the Printemp Zentangle pattern. 


As you can see, I also have moon and stars stencils. I love these and they always make such great cards. 


These turtles came out pretty well, I must say. 


This flower stencil is probably one of the first ones I ever bought. I found them a few years ago at The Dollar Tree (of all places!) and I love using them to create cards. I think that I might use psychedelic colors on these and really make them pop. 

All of these cards are going to be made available for purchase at the upcoming Green Frog Festival. Of course, my frog stencils are really going to get quite a workout! 

So yesterday could be considered another 'Artist Date'. I am trying to have one at least every couple of weeks. I think it's really important to unlock my creativity in any way I can. 

Oh, one more thing! I wanted to show you my dog and cat cards I made last weekend. 

 

Got a nice variety of breeds on this one and I know people that have all the breeds and then some. These have gotten a pretty positive response from people. 


All my cat loving friends went nuts when I posted this on Facebook. My art society friends number as some of the biggest animal lovers I've ever met and they too, went nuts when they saw these. You really can't go wrong with dog and cat related art. It's a sure hit. I might even use these stencils using the Primtemp Zentangle used in the other cards. 







No comments:

Post a Comment